Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) & Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
What is CBT?
What is MBCT?
Can CBT or MBCT Help Me?
Counseling techniques like CBT and MBCT are versatile, and they can be beneficial to help people improve their daily experiences. CBT or MBCT may be beneficial in any of the following situations:
- Developing coping skills to navigate stressful or challenging life situations
- Identifying triggering situations or people and learning to manage your emotional and behavioral responses
- Resolving conflicts
- Improving communication skills
- Nurturing healthy and fulfilling relationships
- Healing from trauma
- Working through grief or loss
- Managing stress
- Managing physical pain or complications from medical diagnoses
How Do CBT & MBCT Work?
CBT and MBCT will use a traditional talk therapy approach to accomplish four things:
- Identify triggering people or situations
- Become aware of the thoughts, feelings, and actions these triggers bring up
- Label inaccurate thoughts, negative emotions, and inappropriate actions
- Develop skills to positively reshape the way you think, feel, or act in these challenging situations
Get Started with a Phone Consultation
If you’re interested in learning more, let’s get started with a 15-minute phone consultation today. You can use my contact form or call the office to set up this consultation. If you do not reach me via phone, please leave a voicemail, and I will be in touch within 24 hours.